Vietnam travel guide
Travelers must obtain Vietnam visa prior to entry. Only citizens of certain countries are exempting for Vietnam Visa. Visitors can get Vietnam Visa at Vietnam Embassy or consulate offices in their country before departure. Visas are valid for 30 days and can be extended through our office in Vietnam.
Getting visa to Vietnam is quite simple and easy now. There are two common ways to get Vietnam Visa.
1/ . VISA UPON ARRIVAL (THE EASIEST WAY)
This is,of course the easiest way to obtain Vietnam visa without having to spend too much time at the embassies or consulates in your place. We can apply for you to get a visa upon arrival at Tan Son Nhat Airport (Ho Chi Minh City), at Danang airport or Noi Bai international airport (Hanoi).
a/ Requirement and procedure are as follows:
You just send us your passport copy 6 months validity
b/ How it work
• Receiving your passport copy, we will get the Letter of Approval for the visa for you with 15 USD fee/person for single visa. It normally takes 3 to 5 working days, in urgent case the process takes only 1 to 2 working days. After approved, we will fax or send you a copy of Approval letter via email.
Receiving it, you just:
• Print out the copies of the Letter of Approval I send you
• Find you name on the Letter and show it to the airlines staff when on board the plane as a proof of valid visas
• Give it to the customs on request when arrive in Noi bai airport in Hanoi or Tan Son Nhat airport in Ho chi minh or Danang international airport, together with 2 passport sized photos and 25$ stamping fee each person
• Then you can stay Vietnam 1 month
2. APPLY FOR A VISA AT VIETNAM EMBASSY OR CONSULATE IN YOUR COUNTRY ( DO IT YOURSELF )
a/ You need to prepare
• Original passport of at least 6 months valid.
• Visa application form
• 2-3 of 4*6 inch photos
• Visa fee: in a range of 50 - 85US$ if applied directly to Embassy. This fee depends on Embassy and type of visa you have required.
b/ How it work
The visa application form may vary from embassy to embassy, so you need to take the form from the embassy where you will get the visa. Submit this form filled with your original passport, 2 or 3 photos, and visa fee. Your information is then sent to Hanoi for approval, so it takes about 4 to 10 days (depending on the country from which you apply).
3/ VISA EXTENSION
• Tourist comes and stays in Vietnam normally for one month but sometimes wants to extend their stay. It requires you to extend visa. It normally takes 4 working days, in urgent case the process takes only 2 to 3 working days.
4/ CITIZENS FROM BELOW COUNTRIES IS EXEMPTING FOR VIETNAM VISA
• Staying not more than 30 days: for citizens of Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Laos.
• Staying not more than 15 days: for citizens of Japan and South Korea, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland.
5/ IMPORTANT NOTE
• If you enter and exit Vietnam for more than one times, you must process a multiple entry visa: For example, you visit Vietnam then you travel to Cambodia and back to Vietnam for few days, you must have a multiple entry visa beforehand.
• A single entry Vietnam tourist visa is valid for the period of 30 days, so If your trip is delayed or extended over 30 days, it is necessary to extend visa or apply another visa if your original visa is not valid for your new dates of travel.
6/ BUSINESS VISAS
Very convenient as they allow you to stay from 3 to 6 months, with multiple entry options (A lot of expats like to visit nearby countries such as Thailand or Cambodia for long week ends). If you are here as an investor, then you can ask for extended visas.